Does growing up mean I have to stop loving Peanut Butter and Jam? If so, I'll be over here wishing I was Peter Pan with these salty and sweet cookies. These were such a hit with my family, especially my little sous chef that wants PB&J sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Total Time: 22 Minutes
Yeilds: 12 cookies
- Peanut Butter (1 cup, plus 1/4 cup, divided)
- Butter (1/2 cup, room temperature)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- Egg (1 large)
- Vanilla Extract (2 tsp)
- Baking soda (1 tsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Flour (1 1/2 cups)
- Jam (1/4, raspberry or strawberry)
1. Using 1/4 cup of the peanut butter (you can use chunky or smooth) scoop 1 tsp balls onto a plate and place in the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes. They do not have to look pretty as this will be the peanut butter stuffing we use in the middle of the cookies.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, with a mixture or by hand, cream the butter and 1 cup of the peanut butter until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla extract, salt, sugar and brown sugar to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Then add the flour and baking soda and mix until a crumbly consistency.
3. With a greased baking sheet ready, make large balls (approximately a heaping 1/4 cup) by flattening to you hand and placing the frozen peanut butter ball and 1/2 Tbsp) of jam in the middle. Carefully fold the cookie mixture around the peanut butter and jam. It does not have to be pretty. I like when the jam is slightly shown at the top. If your doing these cookies in batches make sure to put the peanut butter balls back into the freezer as they defrost quickly.
4. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from baking sheet to cooling rack, and wait 5 minutes before eating.
#Cookies #PeanutButter #PeanutButterAndJam #DessertBlog #Dessert #Recipe #Recipes #HomeMade #TheFeedFeed #Tasty #CookieRecipe #CookieLovers #CookieMonster #FromScratch #Baking #EasyRecipes #QuickRecipes #RecipeIdeas #BakingVideo #Bake #FoodOfInstagram #IMadeThis #FoodPhotography #FoodInfluencer #TorontoFoodie #CanadianFoodBlogger #CanadianBlogger #CanadianMom #MomsWhoCook