French Onion Meatloaf Recipe
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 2 Hours
Ingredients: - Ground Beef (1 1/2 lbs)
- Onion Soup Mix (1 package) - Onion (1 medium vidalia, sliced)
- Butter (1/4 cup)
- Swiss Cheese (1/2 cup, shredded or sliced)
- Marble Cheese (1/2 cup, to top meatloaf)
- Garlic (4 cloves, minced) - Italian Seasoning (1 Tbsp)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan Cheese (1/4 cup)
- Egg (1 large)
- Bread (1 slice)
- Milk (1/4 cup)
- Caramelize onions. To caramelize onions you MUST cook low and slow in a frying pan in butter. This process usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour but worth the wait. By cooking them slow instead of fast it brings out the natural sweetness within the onions. Add butter and onions to a large frying pan on medium low heat, tossing frequently.
- While the onions are caramelizing, prep the other ingredients and make the meatloaf. Using a small plate soak the slice of bread in the milk simply by pouring the milk over it. Set aside. In a large bowl, add the ground beef, onion soup mix, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Once the milk is soaked into the bread, add the bread as well.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Before you mix the meatloaf, shred your cheese. To help with he rolling process of your meatloaf, lay out a large piece of saran wrap on your counter. Now thoroughly mix your meatloaf mixture. I use my hands, but you can also use a spoon. Lay it out on the saran wrap, and form a 1" rectangle.
- Once the onions are caramelized your ready to stuff your meatloaf. Evenly spread out your Swiss cheese and then your onions. Using the saran wrap to help guide you, roll the meatloaf, sealing in all sides as you go (see video). Place into a meatloaf pan or baking sheet and top with the marble cheese. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
#Meat #Meatloaf #Recipes #ComfortFood #QuarantineCooking #FoodBlogger #RecipeBlogger #CanadianFoodie #CanadianFoodBlog #TorontoBlogger #EasyRecipes #Recipe #FoodInfluencer #RecipeDeveloper #FoodPhotography #InstaEats #StayHomeAndCook #CookingVideo #CelebrityChef #TheCookFeed #ChefLife #FoodNation #TorontoChef #InstaMeat #TorontoFoodBlogger #MomsWhoCook #Tasty #Scrumptious