Pickle pizza was first introduced to me while I was at large Canadian Fair. The theme was pickles and I was ALL for it. I tried their version of Dill Pickle Pizza and KNEW I had to recreate the most perfect pickle pizza recipe out there.
I've made this pizza both in my oven AND with my new Gyber Outdoors FREMONT Pizza Oven. This oven is the result of its perfect crispy look and that true authentic fire roasted taste.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Pizza Oven (I used my Fremont Pizza Oven by Gyber Outdoors)
OR Pizza Stone (If baking in your oven)
Pellets (I used pellets from Louisiana Grills, competition blend)
This Pickle Pizza is easy yet SO flavourful. Starting from the bottom, for the cream sauce, I combined sour cream, ranch dressing, mayo, garlic, and TONS OF DILL for a flavour kick right from get-go. Working our way to the top, I add Pickle, Mozzarella Cheese, Parm Cheese, and Italian seasoning to let ooze to a crisp.
- Pizza Dough (Flatbread OR Fresh Pizza Dough)
- Dill Pickles (4 large, sliced)
- Chicken (Optional)
- Cheese (Mozzarella 2 cups, shredded)
- Parmesan Cheese (2 Tbso)
- Italian Seasoning (1 tsp)
- Flour / Corn meal (if using fresh dough)
CREAMY DILL PICKLE SAUCE (enough for 2 pizzas)
- Mayo (1/4 cup)
- Ranch (1/4 cup)
- Sour Cream (4 Tbsp)
- Pickle Juice (3 Tbsp)
- Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- Dill (1/3 cup finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Preheat your pizza oven to 600 degrees or higher. I used my Fremont Pizza Oven By Gyber Outdoors. It is a pellet-based pizza oven, so prepping 15 minutes ahead of time is crucial.
While your oven or pizza oven is preheating, make your creamy dill sauce and prep all other ingredients. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl. This dill pickle pizza is fit for 2 pies.
For this pickle pizza and I use fresh pizza dough I prep the pizza right before it hits the grill right on my pizza. First applying corn meal on my pizza wheel, then the dough, then the creamy dill pickle sauce, cheese, dill pickles, parm cheese, and Italian seasoning.
When using the Fremont Pizza oven by Gyber Outdoors, I wait till the oven is 600 degrees or higher, slide the pizza in, close the lid, and wait 2-3 minutes. After that, open your lid, rotote 180 degrees, and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 425. If using a pizza stone, put the stone in the oven to preheat while the oven does. This ensures the stone reaches 425 degrees and evenly cooks.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside. 3. Cut up pickles into slices. Grate your cheese.
4. Having your flatbread pizza ready, spread a thin layer of sauce evenly on both pizzas. Heavily coat both with mozzarella cheese, pickles, chicken (optional), Parmesan Cheese, and Italian seasoning.
5. Place on a pizza stone or baking sheet is cook for 15-20 minutes. Your looking for bubbly cheese. Checking often
(Video is Baking Method)
WANT MORE DAILY? JOIN ME ON INSTAGRAM FOR STORIES
WANT MORE? CHECK THESE OUT
#PicklePizza #DillPicklePizza #Pizza #PizzaLovers #PizzaParty #FireRoastedPizza #PizzaOven #PizzaOvens #PizzaOvenCooking #Pickles #Pickled #PickleLover #PickleJuice #UniqueFood #FunFood #TheFeedFeed #WhatsOnMyPlate #BuzzFeedTasty #Feastgram #eeeeeats #BBQInfluencer #FoodInfluencer #RecipeDeveloper #TorontoFoodie #OntarioFoodBlog #BBQPizza #BBQFood